Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Paradox


It’s been a week of paradox; I guess that’s nothing new. It seems that God delights in the unexpected. “Just when I think things can’t get any worse,” says the pessimist – but for me, when I walk in faith, the conclusion of that sentence is, “my world explodes in joy.”

It’s been a week of darkness and light, of intense pressure and welcome release. I’ve confronted fear and shame and pride, loneliness and desperation and isolation. And love conquers all, when it’s God’s love, so I’ve also found respite and relief and refreshment, hope and fulfillment and joy.

I have seen love stare into the face of death and walk away, smiling.

I have seen joy dance to the tinkling music of a shattered dream falling to the ground.

I have seen hope plant a flag to claim victory in the middle of a bomb crater.

I have seen peace sing a lullaby during a raging battle.

What have you seen lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment